- You, and all your team members, are at least 16 years old on the day of the race and any members of your team under the age of 18 will be accompanied at all times during the race by an adult (i.e. a member of your team who is over 18 years old), or…
- You have read our Under 16’s Policy, agree to the additional terms and conditions for participating together with someone under the age of 16 and have completed the Under 16’s declaration form.
Ability to Swim
If you opt to kayak (i.e. enter the Trio race):
- You, and all your team members, can swim (50m minimum), or…
- You let the organisers (Qarsuk) know the names of any people in your team that can’t swim
Entry Terms & Conditions
Questars Adventure Races are organised by Qarsuk Ltd (‘Qarsuk’).
If you enter another person into a Questars Adventure Race, it is your responsibility to make them aware of the following terms and conditions.
By entering and taking part in a Questars Adventure Race you confirm and declare that:
- You meet the entry requirements
- You take part at your own risk, are fit to do so and, if necessary have consulted your doctor and followed their advice
- You have read, understand and accept the terms of the disclaimer
ENTRY & REGISTRATION
- If you require assistance from us in the future as a result of not creating an account when you make a purchase (or not logging in to your account if you already have one), we reserve the right to charge an admin fee for this.
- You will register your participant(s) details online (using the link emailed to you prior to the event) no later than two weeks before the event or within 24 hours of entering if you enter less than two weeks before the event. If you don’t, we will assume you/your team no longer intend to take part in the race. And if that’s not true, and you do still want to take part, we reserve the right to charge a late registration fee for any extra work that we incur as a result.
When registering a participant…
- You/the participant will provide us with the name and phone number of the person the participant would like us to contact in an emergency
- You/the participant will inform us beforehand of any relevant medical conditions or allergies to drugs that the participant has
- You will see the medical team and/or the Event Director if there is any dispute about your ability to take part or continue to do so, and their decision is final
- You will stop if directed to do so by a marshal, and will not continue again until told to do so
- You will follow the instructions of all marshals on the day of the event, including when parking (both on and off-site), and when getting on and off the water at the kayak transition
SCORING / TIMING
- You/your team will return/hand-in your scoring/timing device (which you will collect at the event) immediately after you finish (or withdraw) and before leaving the event
- You will cover the replacement cost of your scoring/timing device if you/your team fail to return it in time and in a useable condition
- You are responsible for making sure your scoring/timing device is securely fastened during the race
- You will not be provided with a replacement scoring/timing device if you lose or damage yours during the event
- In the unlikely event that the event can’t proceed as planned, you have a smart phone, on which you can download and use an app such as strava (free version) to track and record your route if needed.
- You will use your mobile and the emergency number printed on the course map to let us know if, for any reason, you won’t make it back to the finish before the course closes
- You will head directly back to the finish if you are running late and you won’t visit any more checkpoints (as the furthest checkpoints will start to be removed before the course closure time)
DURING THE RACE
- You and all the members of your team will wear the race number, which will be available for you to collect at the event, at all times during the race.
- You understand that the event organisers (Qarsuk) cannot be held responsible for any injury or loss resulting from circumstances beyond their control
- You are responsible for all your personal possessions at all times, and any such items that you leave in transition or with any marshals/event staff, you do so entirely at your own risk
- You will read the final details (participant information and race details, etc.) which will be added to the event page on the Questars website before the event
- You will attend and listen to the race briefing on the day
- You will stick to the permitted routes, as defined on the course map, at all times during the race, and will get clarification from a member of staff before you start if you are in any doubt about what routes you can/can’t use for each discipline (run, bike & kayak).
- You will act in a responsible manner at all times during the race and will not unduly damage the ground or do anything that might adversely affect the countryside or other people’s property
- You will notify us at least two weeks before the event if you wish to transfer your place to another event, and all transfers will be subject to the terms of our transfer policy
- If you find someone else to take your place, you will make that person aware of these terms and conditions
- You understand that if for any reason you can’t take part you will not receive any refund
If for whatever reason we have to cancel an adventure race then we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible. But please note, we can not rule out the possibility of having to cancel an adventure race at the last minute due to exceptional circumstances beyond our control (e.g. course conditions / the weather / permissions being rescinded).
NB. It is highly unlikely that an event will be cancelled. Over 20 years, the only thing that has prevented a Questars adventure race from going ahead is Covid-19. If the weather throws up difficult challenges, we will adapt our plans to ensure the event continues to go ahead as planned, if it’s safe to do so, and we expect participants to do the same e.g. by adjusting their travel plans if needed. We’ve had unseasonal snow before and, in the spirit of adventure racing, the event still went ahead as planned.
- You understand that Qarsuk reserve the right to cancel the event either in whole or in part, or curtail it if necessary, due to circumstances beyond their reasonable control including, but not limited to, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism, severe weather or adverse ground conditions or if advised to do so by the police or other statutory bodies or if any circumstances arise which in our reasonable opinion would cause the race to be hazardous for participants, marshals or spectators, or if one month before the race the minimum number of participants required for the event to proceed has not been reached
- You understand that in the unlikely event that the race is cancelled then notification will be given on the Questars website (www.questars.co.uk) and/or emailed to all participants as soon as a decision is made. You are therefore advised to check the website noticeboard and your emails (including your junk folder) at regular intervals in the lead up to race day, and again before travelling to the event especially if the weather is forecast to be severe.
- You understand that if the event is cancelled, either in whole or in part, then you will in our sole discretion be issued with a credit note. You will not receive a refund or rebate of any money you have paid due to the costs already incurred and of issuing refunds.
- You understand that, as a result of cancellation or curtailment of the event, Qarsuk will have no responsibility whatsoever for any third-party costs that you have incurred including, but not limited to, bike hire, travel and/or accommodation.
I understand that the activities in which I will participate in are dangerous and can result in injury or death.
I understand that a safety briefing on the risks involved will be provided before the event and I will attend the briefing.
I accept the risks involved and I am responsible for my own actions and involvement.
I hereby acknowledge that Qarsuk and its employees, directors and shareholders shall have no responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever in respect of our participation in any events organised by Qarsuk.
I grant Qarsuk the right to use photographs and video footage taken at a Qarsuk event in which I appear, including for marketing purposes in any medium.
I agree to abide by this disclaimer and the terms and conditions of entry.